Re: [MacPerl] Editors

Just for clarification for those who care.

At 08.16 -0400 1998.07.28, Jay Bedsole wrote:
>Not true. Alpha can work this way too. I have confirmed this.
>However Alpha also is MacPerl aware in such a way that it can
>launch MacPerl with the script you're editing and the output,
>errors, etc. are "piped" into Alpha windows. In other words,
>MacPerl seems more like a "plugin" for Alpha. I don't have to
>launch MacPerl - Alpha does this for me automatically and closes
>it back down when I'm done.  Since I don't have a licensed copy
>of BBEdit, I don't know if it can work this way too. To me, this
>seems more intuitive.

As stated, BBEdit can do this with Brad Hanson's Perl plugins.

>Even cooler; Alpha can use a MacPerl script as a built-in filter
>to operate on whatever text you choose. I've added a number of
>filters.

BBEdit can do this too, with the Perl Filters tool/plugin, also available
with Brad's BBEdit Perl plugins.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])