[MacPerl] macperl newbie

hey do any of you have a good txt file on line some where that i can get i
just got on the list and am a complete perl newbie.  i realize that i could
do a search and already did, but the files are generally
tar.gz or .gz.tar and my browser pukes them out to my puter and then they
wont open or even unzip

and is there a version that will work on openbsd, cause i am going to be
running that instead of mac os soon.

thanx,
chris martin

 information should be free governed only by common sense - chris martin