[MacPerl] Bug?

I think I've found a problem with the droplet glue. I suspect that it's
really a feature <grin>, but it's causing a bit of a hassle for me.

I've saved this code as a droplet. When something's dropped onto it, all
the text is displayed on one line. If I just double click on it,
everything's displayed, but then (of course) it doesn't work as a droplet.

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "What ip? ";
chomp ($ip = <>);
print "What date (month/day/year)? ";
chomp ($date = <>);
print "What time? ";
chomp ($time = <>);

It's entirely possible (in fact, I think it's more than likely) that I'm
just doing something dumb. I did already try select(STDOUT); $|=1;, to no
avail.

- Strider

"Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies
the grace of
Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at
them in
excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they
had."
                          -- Linus Torvalds

--+--