[MacPerl] Shameless self-promotion

Guise-

I managed to get a letter published in the August 1998 issue of MacWorld!
(OK, it's not an article, but it's something... :-)  Anyway, here it is:

  I enjoyed "The Web Publisher's Essential Tool Kit" but was
  disappointed to see no mention at all of CGI scripting languages.
  Both Perl and Python are available for the Macintosh as freely
  redistributable software.  Either language can be used to perform
  CGI-based form processing, database and network access, system-
  administration tasks, and other useful functions.

  I recognize the value of the GUI-based approach, but there are some
  tasks that cry out for text-based tools such as Perl.  One instance
  might be the need to do content-based editing or copy a large number
  of files.  The Finder is not well suited to long sequences of
  repetitive actions; the ability to automate tasks with scripts can
  save effort and reduce error.

  MacPerl (Perl 5 for the Macintosh) has a very active user community;
  for more information, visit MacPerl Pages (www.ptf.com/macperl/).

    Rich Morin
    Pacifica, California

-r

Rich Morin, Canta Forda Computer Laboratory | Prime Time Freeware - quality
  UNIX consulting, training, and writing    | freeware at affordable prices
  P.O. Box 1488, Pacifica, CA, 94044, USA   | www.ptf.com      info@ptf.com
  rdm@cfcl.com            +1 650-873-7841   | +1 408-433-9662   -0727 (Fax)