Re: [MacPerl] mac/win common source base

At 14.05 -0400 1998.07.17, Michael Rutman wrote:
>I have a project where I need to have a mac and windows perl plugin.  I'd
>really like to use a common perl code base.
>
>Does anyone know how hard it would be to move the current MacPerl stuff to
>the current perl code base?  Or failing that, does anyone know how hard it
>would be to move the current win32 stuff to the current MacPerl stuff?

There is no significant difference (for most definitions of "significant")
in how Perl works between MacPerl and the Standard port for Win32.  MacPerl
is based on 5.004, the Standard port for Win32 on 5.004_02.  Some
differences, but nothing really significant.  I don't see why it would be
any sort of a problem.

Also, perl5.005 is right around the corner.  MacPerl will begin to move to
5.005 once perl5.005 is released, and, indeed, more changes on the Mac side
will get rolled back to the standard distribution, where appropriate (for
some definitions of "appropriate").

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])