[MacPerl] Help installing modules

In "MacPerl - Power and Ease", it says

  Sometimes, there are many modules in one archive, as is
  the case with LWP (also known as libwww-perl), a set of
  modules providing World Wide Web access (see Chapter 17,
  Network Programming). It is imperative that each file with
  the .pm suffix get installed in its proper directory.
  Otherwise, MacPerl will not be able to find (and load) the
  required module code.

It just so happens that LWP is the package I want to install. But what are the
correct directories for the various modules? When I gunzip and untar the
distribution on the "MacPerl -- Power and Ease" cdrom, the various modules are
included in a directory named "lib". Looking on the UNIX installation at work,
the modules reside in the LWP directory under the site_perl directory. The
LWP.pm file itself resides in the site_perl directory.

On the UNIX installation, this scheme seems to apply generally to the modules
loaded. Is this a general rule for MacPerl? If I find a lib directory with
auxillary modules in the package distribution, do I copy it into the site_perl
directory and rename it to the name of the package? Should I expect to find
some information in the package documentation that tells me the proper
directory structure?

Sorry for the really basic question. I'm a brand newbie at MacPerl (but
looking to get better).

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson