[MacPerl] MacPerl interface to various CD formats

Forgive my naivity, but if I wanted to write a MacPerl program for the
purpose of comparing an original CD's contents to a newly mastered CD's
contents - for the purpose of a byte by byte verification step, would I
only be able to do this if the CD format happened to be the Macs native
file system type (ie; HFS or HFS+)?

What would be required if I also wanted to be able to do this for the
variety of alternative CD formats that can be mastered using 'Toast'
mastering software?  These would also include;

Audio CD
ISO9660
IOS9660 w/Rockridge extensions
Hybrid Mac + PC
UDF formatted (re-writable)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Perhaps a commercial solution
exists that addresses this need?  I've not seen such software.