Re: [MacPerl] New User's MacPerl Questions

>> 3) Many of the text files I'll be encoding into HTML will have special Mac
>> characters like option-8 bullets and long dashes. What is the best way to
>> tackle this?

>MacPerl handles them just fine, both in input and in scripts.

But those long dashes and option-8 bullets are bad in HTML, right? Certainlly
the characters wouldn't display properly in a Windows GUI or text only browser.
I guess what I'm looking for is the right way/best way to translate all those
special Mac characters into HTML entities.

David Rouse