[MacPerl] off topic, but desperate

Apologies for the off topic, but if someone here can help me out, it
will keep my brain from exploding.

I'm trying to install MkLinux (DR3, from the new shiny cd that got put
in my copy of the PTF book), but I can't make the install program
recognize my cd-rom drive!  The readme suggests making the boot device
/dev/hdc if you have an atapi drive, but no luck.  Got a G3 series PB,
w/atapi cd-rom drive in the only bay it fits into.

Does *anyone* have any idea what teh correct device name should be?

If any of you can help, I'd appreciate it.  Of course, any responses
should be direct to me, rather than to the list.

Thanks and sorry again.

dave
--
David H. Adler - <dha@panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
"Hey you!  Don't watch dat!  Watch thees! This is the heavy, heavy