Re: [MacPerl] Installing modules.

Chris Nandor <pudge@pobox.com> writes:
>At 22.41 -0400 1998.09.17, Dave Johnson wrote:
>>As I re-read chapter 11 of "Power and Ease" I see it would have worked exactl
>>as stated, except for the problem of my InternetConfig mapping ".pm" to
>>GraphicConverter (and thus it was not a TEXT file). All is less muddy now.
>>
>>I just checked my wife's powerbook (with a fresh copy of internet config)
>>It also has ".pm" mapped to 'GraphicConverter-Bitmap from xv'. This could be
>>(IS!) very confusing for new users.
>
>Yes, but the chapter also emphasizes that you check your newlines.  :-)
>
>Perhaps we could "lobby" the IC people to "fix" this?

We could try, but I'm not sure if we'll be successful. An alternative is
to include in the next release of MacPerl on the first startup an option
to tweak the IC databases (install Shuck as the pod helper, make .pm and
.xs owned by Shuck & so on).

Matthias

   "I'm set free to find a new illusion" -- Velvet Underground