Re: [MacPerl] cgi problem

I've already answered via e-mail but thought I'd post here too:

I used to get this a lot.  Now though I do most of my web work on a
Linux box.  :-/

Anyway - What I noticed was that if you do multiple fast clicks or you
start/stop/start/stop something or do something else which would cause
the server to drop the connection between the cgi and the server, then
you'd get a cgi which hung around and never could be killed.

There were a couple of different ways in which I found to get around
this problem, but the main one was to make sure to stop whatever it was
you were doing in the program and just send back either a space or a
small comment line.  Something like this:

<!--Comment-->

So long as I did that every now and then in the perl script I never had
any problems.  Also I put the "$|=1;" command up at the top of the
script to force Perl to flush output as I wrote it out.  This kept the
i/o channel open so if the user did hit the stop button or did multiple
clicks the cgi script didn't hang up.

Hope this helps.  :-)