[MacPerl] WEBStar Connection ID

After having developed my modular mailer CGI to the point that I like the
way it works, I've turned my eye toward speed. On a Mac, this thing is so
slow! The actual HTML output happens relatively quickly, but the server
waits until the CGI finishes emailing the form data before it displays the
page. And that takes too long.

So how do we get the server to continue on with serving and let the CGI go
on mailing? WEBStar docs have mention of an Apple Event called "send
partial" which may do what I want. It needs the CGI parameter "Connection
ID" ('Kcid'). The only thing is: how do I get the Connection ID? Does it
get passed through MacPerl into the script? I tried a few $ENV{}
parameters, but no luck.

Help/ideas appreciated.

-josh