[MacPerl] MacPerl and RealBasic [was: Linking MacPerl into C++ programs]

At 16:43 -0400, on 10.12.1998, Chris Nandor is presumed to have scribbled:
>At 16.26 -0400 1998.10.12, Al Joslin wrote:
>>I remember from somewhere, (and I can't remember where) that Perl
>>fragments/routines could be linked into C++ programs.
>>
>>Can this be done w/MacPerl?
>
>The only info I know of on the subject is in the perlembed manpage (which
>you have under MacPerl in the help menu), but it is Unix-centric.  However,
>this may be an interesting topic for the macperl-porters list that is
>forthcoming.
>
>In theory it can be done.  You would need to build a perl library, and then
>use it in a manner similar to what is described in perlembed.  You'd
>include EXTERN.h and perl.h and then make sure your compiler can find the
>perl library.
>
>Good luck,
>
>--
>Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/

...snip snip...

Hi all. This may be off topic and I apologize if it is but the message
thread above ties into something I've been pondering recently.

There was a post last week that made reference to Chris' MacPerl::Glue and
its use with RealBasic.

The thread above makes reference to embedding perl in C++ programs.

This got me thinking about MacPerl and RealBasic together (I have both).
Here is a link to Real Software:

<http://www.realsoftware.com/>

RealBasic is extensible. it has a plugin architecture. Here is a link to
the RealBasic SDK:

<http://www.realsoftware.com/files/REALbasic_Plugins_SDK.hqx>

My question: rather than embedding snipets of perl into C++ programs, is it
possible to embed the MacPerl runtime into a RealBasic plugin?

RealBasic IDE + RB GUI tools + MacPerl runtime plugin + CPAN = MacPerl/RB?

Cheers!
--
Bob Jakuc, AdSEND Field Engineer
Associated Press, 19 Commerce Court West , Cranbury, NJ 08512