[MacPerl] MacPerl Migration

Altho I've done a lot of work in AppleScript, I am a newbie to MacPerl and
Perl in general, so please go easy on me! I've looked thru the archives and
numerous other resources and basically just need to confirm that I'm not
heading down a dead end with a job that I am working on.

Briefly, I'm doing a pretty big web project that involves lots of searching
and parsing of text and I've mostly figured out how I want to go about it.
The catch is that the finished product will run on a Solaris box using a
Netscape web server and I would much prefer to do most of the work on a Mac.
So my plan is to develop in MacPerl using Netpresenz, then do preliminary
testing on one of my machines that runs mkLinux with Apache, then final
testing on the client's Solaris/Netscape system.

I know that if I avoid Mac-specific things, my Perl stuff should
theoretically function under both Linux and Solaris with minimal tweaking,
but I am wondering what to expect in terms of likely complications? Would I
be better off trading comfort for efficiency and just doing all development
in mkLinux to begin with? Thanks for any help you may have to offer.

Richard Gordon
Gordon Consulting & Design
Voice: 770-565-8267  Fax: 770-971-6887