Re: [MacPerl] Using Macintosh servers to host commercial perlapplications

At 14.55 -0500 1998.10.28, James Cameron wrote:
>I've been told that since MacPerl is not multi-threaded, it would be
>difficult to use it for interactive Perl applications on the Web.
>Basically, we have an application that could be accessed by hundreds of
>people at the same time.  Is there any solution that would enable the
>script to handle and process these requests at the same time?

If you want to do it with a Mac and perl, the only solution I know of is
the WebTen webserver, which has its own perl interpreter in an emulated
Unix environment, which allows you to spawn off many perl interpreters at
once.

It might even have mod_perl (since it is basically Apache), which is
probably th best way to do "CGI" and perl.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])