[MacPerl] MailTools Questions

'lo all,

  Well, I think I've figured out most of the basics regarding MailTools
but I have some questions.  Any help would be appreciated.  Here goes.

====================
  Is it just me or does the script for spliting Perl modules at
<http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local//modules/INSTALL.html> have an error?
They have the line:

my $dir = "${MACPERL}site_perl";

  Shouldn't that be:

my $dir = "$ENV{MACPERL}site_perl";

====================

  I used the example script from my last message, only changing the from
and to addresses.  I ran it on my server.  (This server also does SMTP and
DNS.)  There is a long pause when the script first opens up the connection
to the SMTP server.  This seems to be caused by DNS issues.  Now when I
look through the DNS logs, I see very strange requests for DNS lookups.
(My server's FQDN is www.cipsafe.org.  The SMTP host is cipsafe.org.  I
was sending a message from andy@cipsafe.org to aberkvam@coredcs.com.)
These are the requests for name lookup that I see:

www.cipsafe.org.example.com
www.cipsafe.org.example.com.cipsafe.org
www.cipsafe.example.com
www.cipsafe.example.com.cipsafe.org
www.cipsafe.org.example.com.cipsafe.org
www.example.com
www.example.com.cipsafe.org
www.cipsafe.org.com
www.cipsafe.org.com.cipsafe.org
www.cipsafe.com
www.cipsafe.com.cipsafe.org

  While some of this is probably caused by DNS problems that I haven't
tracked down yet, I wondered where the "example.com" could possibly be
coming from.  It turns out that "example.com" is used in Config.pm.  What
is it doing there and why is it showing up in DNS lookups?

====================

  I will ocasionally get out of memory errors with my CGIs.  The CGI
Script extention seems to create the CGIs with a 128K memory requirement.
If I want to increase the memory available to a CGI, do I increase the
memeory alloted to MacPerl or to the CGI application?

  I know I have more questions, but this should be enough for now.  Thanks
for any help.

Andy Berkvam          | A man said to the Universe: "Sir, I exist!"
                      | "However," replied the Universe, "the fact
Email:                |  has not created in me a sense of obligation."
 aberkvam@coredcs.com |                                     - Stephen Crane
 (MIME Attachments OK)|-WWW Pages: <http://www.coredcs.com/~aberkvam/>