Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl sings a 'Camptown Races' in its nativelanguage, almost

At 10:16 PM +0000 11/22/98, Bart Lateur wrote:
>It chokes on the "use Mac::Speech" line. I can't remember the complete
>error line, but it's something like "Can't load... Dynaload.pm, error
>-2804". I think that's the correct error number. BTW this IS a PPC, so I
>think dynamic loading ought to work.

It's "# DynaLoader error [-2804, SpeechLib]."  It means that you don't have
the Speech Manager installed on your system.  It should be on the install
CD, perhaps listed as "Text-to-Speech."  (Speech Manager 1.3 was part
of 7.5 Update 1.  The current release is is 1.5.3.)  If not, you can
probably download it from Apple.

It is possible that Mac::Speech needs a more current version, but this
is the same error that I get with the Speech Manager disabled.

-Charles <albrecht@gate.net>
--
 <http://www.gate.net/~albrecht/cv/>