Re: [MacPerl] BBedit 5.0 Function Parsing (Was: Improved Perl Syntax Coloring in BBEdit 5.0)

In article <mac-perl.3648850C.5FC0@usa.net>, Matthew.Wickline@usa.net wrote:

>Jeff at MacTech wrote:
>> BBEdit 5.0, which just came out, has improved its perl
>> syntax-coloring,
>
>(ASIDE: Hmmmm... has the list moved to CalTech now?

Nope--I just read/post through the usenet news server here, which carries
the mlist (just as if it were a newsgroup).

>There's still a few (old not new) perl parsing problems
>though. The function menu seems to be driving by a much more
>primitive engine.

I'm fairly certain that it is a separate technology--the function popup
parser may not have been updated lately.