[MacPerl] Ravening Hordes, Redux...

I just posted this, copied FYI...

-r

Subject: Ravening Hordes, Redux...
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.programmer.misc,
comp.sys.mac.programmer.tools,comp.sys.mac.advocacy

The Perl Institute (http://www.perl.org) is conducting an informal
survey (http://www.perl.org/cgi-bin/survey) to find out which oper-
ating systems are being used by the Perl programming community.

After several days of voting, 3180 individuals have responded.  The
MacPerl community is still on the chart, but we need a few more of you
to vote, lest we get swamped by the ravening Unix and Windows hordes!
(The voting has increased dramatically, due to discussion on Slashdot.)

   Linux                 2346
   Win 95, 98, NT        1478
   Solaris               1477
   SunOS                 830
-> MacOS                 566
   HP-UX                 546
   Free-, Net-, OpenBSD  507
   IRIX                  467
   AIX                   393
   DEC Unix, OSF/1       351

If you are using MacPerl, please add your vote, to tell the Perl com-
munity that MacPerl is working for you!  If you AREN'T using MacPerl,
visit the MacPerl Pages (http://www.ptf.com/macperl) and see what
you've been missing!

MacPerl is a Mac-optimized port of Perl 5, supporting Apple Events,
AppleScript and TCP/IP network programming, the Mac OS Toolbox, and
a great deal more!  MacPerl, like Perl, is freely redistributable in
both source code and binary form.  MacPerl is supported by an active
email list and a knowledgeable and helpful user community.

Rich Morin:          rdm@cfcl.com, +1 650-873-7841, http://www.ptf.com/~rdm
Prime Time Freeware: info@ptf.com, +1 408-433-9662, http://www.ptf.com
MacPerl: http://www.ptf.com/macperl,   http://www.ptf.com/ptf/products/MPPE
MkLinux: http://www.mklinux.apple.com, http://www.ptf.com/ptf/products/MKLP