[MacPerl] Invisible Test/psh

I'm currently working on a Perl Shell for the Mac.

I know, I know.

Anyway, first off, please mail me if you'd like to check it out when it's
done. It'll probably be a month or so until I have everything I want in it
there and working to my satisfaction.

The question I have relates to invisible files, however. I looked into the
toolbox function for file info including the invisible bit, and the type it
returns is U16. I don't know what U16 is, or how to use it. Could someone
give me a hand with that? (I need to use it in the ls function).

Thanks,

strider( corinth );

"Grandpa, when you were young, you didn't have 'social' diseases to worry
about.
What did you wear for protection?"

"A wedding ring."

                                     --+--