Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl port

On Fri, Dec 18, 1998 at 05:19:12AM +0100, Jean-Charles BERTIN wrote:
}
} >
} >} MIME-Base64-2.09
} >
} >Similarly here.  There should be nothing that needs changing.  Chris has
} >this module compiled for MacPerl at his site <http://pudge.net/macperl/>.
} >
}
} I made only add a typecast in 'decode_base64' to avoid a warning in CW:
}
}    register unsigned char *str = (unsigned char*) SvPV(sv, len);
}
} I also add the PPC and CFM68K compiled libraries in the archive for
} conveniance.

Great.  So now we have the latest version available.  Do you
mind if someone puts this on their 24/7 site?  (Chris, since you have
all the other compiled modules, can you do this?)

}
} >} MIME-tools-4.121
} >}
} >} I correct few problems with line endings and file paths. To see
} >} differences,
} >} compare them with the original CPAN modules. You need also the
} >} 'libnet-1.0605'
} >} modify by Paul Schinder for these modules to work.
} >
}
} This one really needs modifications:

The module's author, Eryq <eryq@zeegee.com>, would almost certainly be
interested.  If you can generate a Unix diff, that's the best way, but
just sending the changed files would be ok, I'd guess.  diff is
available for the Mac; it comes with Alpha, and there are probably
stand alone versions at Info-Mac.

[snip]

}
}   - t/*.t : Modify test files for MacOS.

Excellent.  Send him these as well.

} >libnet is now up to 1.0606, and includes full MacPerl support out of the
} >box.  You can find it at any CPAN site.
} >
}
} Thanx for the info !
} Jean-Charles BERTIN           <mailto:jc.bertin@mipsys.com>
} Software engineer
} MIPSYS                              Tel.: +33 1 64 86 26 00