Re: [MacPerl] libwww-perl-5.41 now available

At 9:08 -0400 12/22/98, Arved Sandstrom wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand this. Down the road I think the real target
> should be zero requirement for porting. I don't know diddly about what
> MacOS X promises, but I thought the whole idea was that a standard Perl
> distribution wuld build on OS X.

One thing MacOS X promises is not to run on lots and lots of machines
which will be around for quite some time.

I know it won't run on my old machine (8100)...but I don't care:
that machine runs MkLinux most of the time these days anyhow.

I'm pretty sure MacOS X won't run on my 7300...and I'm not about to
buy yet another machine which "will" run the next thing (which is
what MacOS X is this week).  When I bought the 7300, the Apple party
line was that it was a machine which would run Rhapsody (which would
be out now).

My MacOS X machine--if any--will be purchased when it's possible to
buy it with MacOS X installed by Apple.  Lists of machines it will
run on no longer interest me.

   --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Teach him to fish,