Re: [MacPerl] Outputting to a printer (corrected)

a) Droplet will speak files dropped onto it, and from the clipboard - isn't
terminated by Apple-Period combination (as I'd expect, paralleling aborting
a print job.)

b) Moving an alias to whole droplet into the AppleMenuItems folder opens a
perl window but doesn't speak,  but I'll now make the .pl file as
recommended - (I assume it goes into the site-perl folder?) and follow the
procedure you advise ...

c) Moved the whole droplet into the AppleMenuItems folder, it works as a
pulldown to speak the clipboard. My lady has mentioned a couple of concerns:

the droplet as pulldown seizes control, doesn't allow picking other
operations from the Apple menu, Menus, etc, while it speaks;
Apple-Period doesn't terminate the speaking and while Option-Apple-esc will
terminate, it requests resetting the system.

Otherwise, she's happy that she has something useful even at this stage of
development. Thanks for your help and advice.

-
The world is one country and mankind, its citizens.

Larry Moore and Shirley Allan
Union Street West
Fergus ON Canada