[MacPerl] Distributables?

I think that I've stumbled across a way to make beaucoup buck using MacPerl.
However, I could do the same thing less elegantly in AppleScript using some
OSAXen and the question is how do you distribute a MacPerl app for $$$ that
won't just be ripped off within a week? I could bottle up the AppleScript
(actually FaceSpan) approach so that it would be at least sort of
challenging to pirate the software, but I've never understood how you can
make any money (as a practical matter) off of open source ditributables like
MacPerl.

I do believe in the open source concept (or anything else that threatens
Microsoft), but how do you make a living out of it as far as distributables
go? Thanks.

Richard Gordon
Gordon Consulting & Design
Voice: 770-565-8267  Fax: 770-971-6887