Re: [MacPerl] Distributables?

At 04:56 PM 1/29/99 -0500, Raffael Cavallaro wrote:

>Why? Because I have a busy life, and cutting a shareware author a $30.00
>check falls just slightly behind paying my 6 weeks overdue Sunday New York
>Times subscription bill. Yeah, I'll get around to it, maybe, eventually. But
>when I *need* functionality that's only available after registering, or my
>limited time trial ends, I send the check pronto, because it's easier than
>searching the net for a cracked version of $30.00 shareware I was going to
>register for *anyway*.

Limited functionality is far less likely to entice me to pay for shareware
than easy registration is.

Put your software on Kagi.com or a similar secure, web-based payment
system, and if I find it useful, I'll pay for it.

Make me mail a check, and I'll decide it's not really worth the effort.

Wade
Wade Williams                      "Put your message in a modem, and throw
Systems Engineer, CCIE #3373        it in the cyber sea."
Cisco Systems, Inc.                       - N. Peart
Brentwood, TN
615-221-2918
wwilliam@cisco.com