Re: $Voice() in Mac::Speech.pm MacPerlr519r4 (was: Re: [MacPerl] CFM-68 and 68K plain perl)

>Chris,
>cc: Larry Moore,
>
>Thanks for confirming my guess.
>
>I recently upgraded to Mac OS 7.5.5 and am slowing getting everything else
>useful to work (printer started printing last night!  Next stop: FAX!
>Thank you powers-that-be that the modem kept on working through all this!)
>MacPerl is on the list somewhere, too.
>
>(I was surprised that none of the normally loquatious folks on the list
>replied publicly to the original query.)
>
>Thanks,
>-- Larry
>
>>At 03.02 -0500 1999.01.29, Larry F. Allen-Tonar wrote:
>>>I'm still running MacPerl519r4 on a PPC, and the $Voice() structure doesn't
>>>seem to be defined in this release's Mac:Speech.pm.
>>>
>>>Maybe it is defined in a later release of MacPerl lib?
>>
>>[CN}The tied %Voice hash was added for 5.2.0r4, yes.  One of many reasons why
>>you should upgrade.  :)

I've got two versions of Perl5 5.2.0r4 patchlevel 5.004 in the same folder
of this Quadra 610. The only reported difference (I'm looking at the
snapshots of the "about MacPerl" screens) is that one is Architecture:68K
and the other CFM-68K. The 68K runs the code fragment and the CFM-68K
doesn't.

The 68K is accepting and running depreciated code.

Once I finish getting my boss's 1998 books in order, I'll take some time to
dig through the section of the Camel about hashes, Shuck about Mac::Speech,
and see what I can do about getting it working under the new Speech regime.

-
The world is one country and mankind, its citizens.

Larry Moore and Shirley Allan
Union Street West
Fergus ON Canada