Re: [MacPerl] Interesting tools

In article <mac-perl.v04020a37b2d79a10f8c1@[192.168.0.77]>, Chris Nandor
<pudge@pobox.com> wrote:

>Just happening around Apple's FTP site and found these gems.  Not
>altogether unbuggy, but quite helpful.
>
>    <URL:ftp://ftp.apple.com//developer/Tool_Chest/
>        Interapplication_Communication/
>        AE_Tools_/ResEdit_'scpt'_Editor.sit.hqx>
>

>    <URL:ftp://ftp.apple.com//developer/Tool_Chest/
>        Interapplication_Communication/
>        AE_Tools_/ResEdit_'aete'_Editor_1.0b4.sit.hqx>
>
>The aete editor gives you a human view of aete resources.  The scpt editor
>gives you a human view os script resources.  Copy the contents of the
>resource files into your ResEdit prefs file.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before on the list, but there is a
doodad called AETEGizmo from last years MacHack which is really neat--if
you script it from the Script Editor it parrots back all of the events
that the script sends it, in AEGizmos form (ie, the form MacPerl expects).
The _really_ cool thing is that if you drop another app on it then it will
"steal" the apps aete resource, so you can target AETEGizmo with a script
you would usually be firing at another app. (Did that make sense?)