Re: [MacPerl] Net::FTP and Mac binaries

On Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 12:23:05PM +0100, Peter Westlake wrote:
} I'm using Net::FTP to copy files to and from a Macintosh. Can Net::FTP
} cope with MacBinary mode? If not (and it doesn't look as though it can,
} from looking at the code), are there any MacPerl extensions that would
} help me?

Mac::Conversions. CPAN/authors/id/S/SC/SCHINDER/Mac-Conversions-1.00.tar.gz.
As the name implies, it only works under MacPerl.

If you're then sending to an FTP server on another MacOS machine, you
can use $ftp->quot to turn MacBinary mode on.  For example, when
sending MacBinary from my Unix machines at work to my Mac at home when
it's running MacOS, the script that does the work does the following
just before sending a MacBinary to NetPresenz:

            $ftp->binary;
            $ftp->quot("MACB E");

}
} Thanks,
}
} Peter.
} Peter Westlake, Harlequin Ltd, Barrington Hall, Barrington, Cambs CB2 5RG.

Paul Schinder
schinder@pobox.com