Re: [MacPerl] Executing MacPerl script on a PeeCee

>At 12.03 -0400 1999.04.13, Arved Sandstrom wrote:
>><rant>
>>The 50% where I was actually thinking about this topic...
>></rant>

A sure fire procedure is to forget about e-mail attachments. I maintain a
personal ftp site to which I upload files using the TEXT mode. Anyone
downloading gets TEXT on his own system.

It never fails.

It's also a fact that lineends get converted for TEXT files when you write
to a PeeCee formatted floppy on a Mac. I'm pretty sure that this is also
true for files sent over PCMacLAN which we use around here. It's e-mail
attachments that are AFU. A mod to the e-mail RFC to use Arved's proposed
single character everywhere might be possible but it's not for this list.

If I had only listened to my own advice this would never have come up!

Doug McNutt