Re: [MacPerl] Cookie Expiry question

Ronald J. Kimball wrote:

>>      What is strange about this? Taking a gander at the rest of the
>> cookies in my cookie file, they all appear in this format and presumably
>> all resolve to some future date.
>
>What is strange about this is that 1241299336 is not a proper format for
>HTTP dates.  In other words, as far as I can tell this is a bug in CGI.pm.

     In discussion with Vicky it became apparent that I'd neglected to
mention one seemingly important factor in my initial question: the number
is not what's returned by the CGI.pm module, it's what's stored in the
Netscape MagicCookie file as the date.

     My apologies to all who've been following this thread. My original,
rather obfuscated question should have been:

     "Given that CGI.pm's expiry date is in format Thu, 07-May-2009
14:48:13 GMT, what is the correlation between that and the number stored
in Netscape's cookie file?"

     And the answer, as Ronald noted, is that it is the time from the
epoch (1970 on a Unix machine, 1904 on a Mac) to the expiration date of
the cookie, which is precisely the information I was seeking.

     Apologies for the confusion and many thanks for the solution!

Cheers,
Chris