[MacPerl] - Anyone familiar with MYSQL?

I'm looking into an online database project, and the other people involved
want to use MYSQL  I've downloaded some of the preliminary information, but
I'm hoping someone out there has some experience with it.  In particular,
any help with how best to interface it to Perl would be most welcome.  The
application will ultimately run on Linux, but I imagine if anyone has MYSQL
working with MacPerl, the interface problems would be similar.

Thanks in advance,
Richard Moore
Wexford, Ireland