Re: [MacPerl] default editor

>After installing a new system, for some strange reason my default editor in
>MacPerl is now Simpletext instead of BBEdit :-(
>
>I cannot find the preferences to change this, can anybody help me?

Preferences are under the Edit menu in MacPerl, and you want the
"Environment" variable.  Go  to where it says:

Editor=

and put

R*ch

after the equals sign (inplace of whatever's there).

Then you're done!  I practically always launch MacPerl from within BBEdit
(my editor of choice for practically EVERYTHING).  If I had an easy way
to convert RTF files to HTML, I'd NEVER leave BBEdit at all (except to
browse the web and do email), and just run MacPerl in the background.

--Brian

# Fungal Parataxonomy                   Mycology Information (Mycoinfo)
# Webmaster, Staff Writer      **The World's First Mycology E-Journal**
# <mailto:webmaster@mycoinfo.com>            <http://www.mycoinfo.com/>
#
# First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you.
# Then you win.                                     --Mohandas Gandhi