Re: [MacPerl] Code cleaning and questions

At 1:15 PM -0500 6/24/99, Robert Pollard wrote:

>I have looked for "$_" throughout the documentation in both the MacPerl: Power
>and Ease and in the documentation.  I can't find it anywhere.  I wish I could
>do a keyword search but I can't and it takes time to find these things.

A really easy way of getting help with a special variable, a function,
or a module is to use the Help menu in MacPerl.   For example,
open a new window in MacPerl, type $_, and then choose
Perl Help from the Help menu (command-H).  MacPerl launches Shuck
and looks up $_ for you.

If you don't know exactly what function or variable to use, the
Help menu also lists several documents to check.

Many thanks to Matthias or whomever implemented this!!

Jim
--
Jim Miner          jfm@winternet.com