[MacPerl] Executing some code when quiting

Greetings,

I am writing some fairly simple scripts and would like for them to
execute some "shut down" code when they are shut down (quite a
concidence, eh?). Since they run under MacPerl, not as droplets or
runtimes, I currently stop them using "command-.". I am not aware of any
support mechanism in MacPerl which would allow execution of a code
fragment upon receipt of "command-.". Did I miss something?
Alternatively, could a signal handler be made to accomplish the same
result? Or must I include event handling to accomplish this goal? Any
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Joseph

--
Joseph A. DiVerdi, Ph.D.                      970.221.3982 (voice)
diverdi@XTRsystems.com (email)                970.224.3723 (fax)