Re: [MacPerl] What am I not seeing? (followup)

On 7/15/99 at 3:51 PM, vlb@cfcl.com (Vicki Brown) wrote:

> It appears to be a MacPerl/BBEdit interaction glitch. Unix Perl
> doesn't change and MacPerl app doesn't either so I've filed a bug
> report at BB.

By "doesn't change" you mean you see consistent errors with and without
the commented line when you run from within macperl's own editing
window?  I see it change on my machine, exactly as you described.
5.2.0r4 on 8.6.

On 7/15/99 at 7:22 PM, schinder@pobox.com (Paul J. Schinder) wrote:

> You might be right that it's a BBedit problem, but I thought you said
> that the Unix Perl you tried it on was a 5.005_02?  Remember that
> MacPerl is 5.004.  You should probably "man perldelta" on your Unix
> box and see if you spot anything that might seem relevant.

My staid & cautious ISP is still running 5.004_4 on freebsd.  I tried
the snippet both with and without the comment line, and got the same
error both times -- identical to the longer one vicki posted, as seen
with the comment in place under macperl.

  -nat