[MacPerl] re:Still Not Quoting body from a WWWboard post --Oops

Oops! I accidentally deleted a line from what I quoted from your
message. The line deleted is the one I mention fixing below:
( print NEWFILE "| $line_of_body\n";)

At 2:27 PM -0600 7/30/99, Linda Hardesty wrote:
>Sorry, I was stupid again.  WRAP=HARD worked, once I put it the right place.
>
>Now this code is giving me output with <p> and <br>, but only get
>|'s at the beginnings of paragraphs:
>
>  print NEWFILE "<textarea WRAP=HARD name=\"body\" COLS=50 ROWS=10>\n";
>   if ($quote_text == 1) {
>      @chunks_of_body = split(/
>      foreach $chunk_of_body (@chunks_of_body) {
>         @lines_of_body = split(/<br>/,$chunk_of_body);
>         foreach $line_of_body (@lines_of_body) {
>            print NEWFILE "| $line_of_body\n";
>         }
>         print NEWFILE "\n";
>      }
>   }

I think the culprit is the line
	 print NEWFILE "| $line_of_body\n";

Try:
	print NEWFILE "$line_of_body\n";

Plus, after the |s are gone, change the line

         @chunks_of_body = split(/

         @chunks_of_body = split(/<p>/,$hidden_body);

Also re: WRAP. The values I know of for the WRAP attribute in
<TEXTAREA> widgets are 'virtual' and 'physical'. but I recently
noticed that this was originally a Netscape-only attribute, so it
might not do anything with IE. But of course this only applies to
wrapping line breaks inserted by the browser when it sends <TEXTAREA>
form data to the CGI.

HTH.

1;

- Bruce