Re: [MacPerl] macPerl and DBI

Chris Nandor wrote:

> Well, I tried building DBD::mysql.  After much hacking, I got it to build.
> The big problem was first that the client libs were for a version of mysq=
> no longer supported by DBD::mysql.  But I got an older version that did
> support it, and got pretty far ... until three needed symbols were not in
> the client library.  Argh.  I tried commenting them out
> (mysql_create_table, mysql_drop_table, and mysql_info; a hobbled module i=
> better than one that doesn't exist :) and it built.  Then I got this on
> trying to use it:
>
> # Can't load
> 'Bird:src:Pudge:pudgeprogs:perl:site_specific:MacPPC:auto:DBD:mysql:mysql=
> '
> for module DBD::mysql: # DynaLoader error [-2807, mysql--mysql_fetch_fiel=
> d].
> File 'Bird:MacPerl =9F:lib:DynaLoader.pm'; Line 172
>
> Sigh.  Does anyone have an idea what's wrong here?
>
> (BTW, this is PPC only.)

Sorry I do not know what the problem might be.  It appears that your message
was mimed into submission when it went through whatever email system(s) lie
between us and I did not quite get the last characters there:

> 'Bird:src:Pudge:pudgeprogs:perl:site_specific:MacPPC:auto:DBD:mysql:mysql=
> '

Might that have been something like this?

'Bird:src:Pudge:pudgeprogs:perl:site_specific:MacPPC:auto:DBD:mysql:mysql.al'

in which case it could be that Autosplit ran into difficulty with the
mysql.pm module(?).  I would check the makefile for the explicit invokation
of AutoSplit then run that on the command line (under -w -Mstrict) and
see about any -verbose switches that could shed some light on the issue.
Then see if the autosplit was expecting to split into a
:mysql:mysql_create_table.al, :mysql:mysql_drop_table.al, and
:mysql:mysql_info.al.  Perhaps it is still looking for vestiges of those
subs(?).

At any rate I hope it helps.

Peter Prymmer