Re: [MacPerl] 8.6 hang

Dan,

Without more info, here's a couple of things that I've run into, keep in
mind these are anecdotal and may even fall in the realm of digital
superstition...

For me, virtual memory has been problematic, but not consistant...
My G3 yosemite with 256 megs of ram "seems" to run scripts faster with vm
off. My wallstreet powerbook 128 megs "seems" not to mind vm. (with
MacPerlly things.)

For large operations with incremental little output, you might want to set
$|=1;

And lastly, I had some real issues with "hang" when I was processing big
files and keeping the default settings for disk cache. Under 8.5 and 8.6
I've reduced disk cache to under a meg and lo and behold, no stall.

John-Michael