[MacPerl] MPFE errors

Hi,

I've been trying to play around with the MacPerl Fractal Explorer, and I've
been getting some strange errors.  I downloaded & installed the "19-May-98"
versions of Mac::QuickDraw and Mac::QDOffscreen, but there seems to still be
some problem with them.

When I hover the mouse over the in-window menubar (the one that contains the
status, View, and Frac buttons) the program dies with this error:

  # crsr is not of type Cursor.
  File 'Burro:Applications:Computer:MacPerl Ÿ:site_perl:Mac:QuickDraw.pm';
  Line 602

Looks like it's trying to change to an unknown cursor (not that I understand
this stuff) or something.  The following code involved?

  $Window->sethook(cursor => sub {
    SetCursor(($p->v < InfoHeight or $HelpMode) ? 0 : crossCursor);
    1;
  });

The pictures are also a bit choppy, with sporadic black horizontal lines which
are not present in the example pix.

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  ken@forum.swarthmore.edu                            The Math Forum