Re: [MacPerl] installing libraries in mac perl

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Chris Nandor wrote:

> Well, lots of ways.  People who use MacPerl often use MacPerl to work with
> Unix perl, and want all the docs there.  Some people want to port their own
> MacPerl, or compile their own, and want to get a feel for the process.
> Some people may just want to see the original docs for their own curiosity.
> Some people may want to look to see if the README has changed from what
> they have installed on Unix and what they are running on their Mac.  I
> dunno, other people might be able to think of other ways it can be relevant
> to MacPerl.

Great!  Now we're getting somewhere.  I see where you're coming from.  All
of these uses are minor, secondary, and fully worthy of shoving this
information way way into some labyrinthine maze of folders--how about
docs/legacy/ or something like that.  I don't see a reason to put this
info in the top level directory, certainly not in the first file people
look at.

Actually, most of these reasons seem to support shipping the original docs
only with the source to MacPerl, but disk space is cheap.

What about this arrangement?

--
MattLangford