Re: [MacPerl] installing libraries in mac perl

At 13:18 +0000 1999.10.21, Bart Lateur wrote:
>On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 20:54:28 -0400, Chris Nandor wrote:
>
>>Again, WHICH docs are you referring to, aside from the README?  I find it
>>hard to believe such a fuss is being made over 5000 bytes.
>
>It's not only a question of what *is* in the docs (that needn't be
>there), but also of what *isn't*.

Yes, that is important, but that is not the question I am asking.  I am
right now asking what docs people want changed because of "irrelevant"
content.  We have heard about the README, and I want to know what else.  If
you don't have any, that's fine, but I want Matt and anyone else to weigh
in, too.  I don't want to lose this point before entirely moving on to
something else.

>It's only 5k. 5k of virtually useless
>and pretty ungrokable stuff.

No, only about 1000-1500 bytes are "virtually useless" to MacPerl users.
But that's beside the point.  :)

>So where are is the real intro to MacPerl?
>
>I wrote an intro on MacPerl in the alt.comp.lang.applescript newsgroup,
>a *practical* intro to MacPerl, many moons ago. Chris, you surely must
>have seen it ;-).

Yes, I saw it.  I might even have it somewhere.  I have offered to Matthias
to fix up the docs, and if he accepts, I'll take what we have and put it
together.  And it may very weel be approrpriate to put your doc or a
version of it in the distribution.  I won't really have an opinion on it
until I look at all the docs again.

>I don't really mind that Unix-only info in the distribution. I do mind
>it being so prominent, plus it looks to first time users that that is
>all the info there is (before they discover Shuck, that is). It's just
>not enough.

Again, you make it sound like there is more "Unix-only" info than just the
README that you are talking about.  Maybe I am just misinterpreting.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])