Re: [MacPerl] installing libraries in mac perl

Chris Nandor wrote:
> It is a full-fledged general programming language.
ok I stand corrected :-)

>So it was decided to make a separate document, and we got perlport.  It has
>served us well so far.  The general tack the docs have been taking is to
>point to perlport.  perlfunc lists functions that may differ from platform
>to platform, and points to perlport in that section.  The binmode, flock,
>kill, pack, and rename entries in perlfunc point to perlport.  (This is as
>of 5.005_62.)
Ahh this sounds like what I wanted to harp on about, comprehensive info. I
can't wait for the new version just to get my hands on the docs alone :) -
is shuck going to print in its next incarnation? Then I'd be truly happy,
to be able to sit on the toilet and leaf through the pods, erm, maybe that
would sound better  if I said docs.