Re: [MacPerl] Apple Events over TCP/IP

At 13.13 -0400 1999.10.26, Jim Correia wrote:
>At 11:30 AM -0400 10/26/99, Chris Nandor wrote:
>
>>I was working a little bit on this today (with Mac OS 9, of course).
>>
>>I think I have most of it down, but I cannot figure out the TYPE part.  In
>>old-style PPC ports, it was simply 'PPCToolbox'.  Does anyone have any info
>>on how to pack this thing?  Maybe someone who works at Apple?  :-)
>>
>>Here is what I have now in Mac::AppleEvents::Simple.  It works fine, but
>>not with the TCP/IP addresses.  Everything up to the LocationNameRec is
>>fine, I think.  I am not sure what PPCLocationKind should be, and the rest
>>is just a mess ... any clues are welcome.
>
>If you use the PPC Chooser, it will allow you to choose an IP based
>target and return the correct structure.  To see this work you could
>connect to an IP based ToolServer from BBEdit.

Yes, I already have that working.  I can get the target like so:

  use Mac::Glue;
  my $f = new Mac::Glue 'Finder';
  $target = $f->choose_application(RETOBJ => 1)->data->data->get;

>You can also build the structure by hand if you know the IP address.
>Unfortunately the information to do such is only available in seeded
>headers.  The new Universal Headers haven't been released to the
>public yet and as such if I copy the relevant information here I'm
>likely to be violating my NDA.

Actually, I just found them on Apple's site.  Maybe I can make something
out of them.

    http://developer.apple.com/macos/macos9.html

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])