Re: [MacPerl] LWP - close connection

on 11/10/1999 2:04 AM, Greenblatt & Seay at g-s@navix.net wrote:

> I have a MacPerl program that successfully uses HTTP::Request  and
> LWP::UserAgent to open an internet connection and download a certain web
> page.
>
> How do I get MacPerl to close the connection?
>
> Thanks.

Use 'close' on the client side.

On the server side  -  you can't.  The connection WAIT TIME
is server config dependent; for example on my Ultra 1,
I have -

some request TIME_WAIT
some request FIN_WAIT_2

These will time-out based upon what I have the /dev/tcp options set as.

You can see what that are using   ndd /dev/tcp \?

There are similar config settings for other servers...

HTH,