Re: [MacPerl] LWP - close connection

On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 11:38:37AM -0600, Greenblatt & Seay wrote:
} >On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 01:04:11 -0600, Greenblatt & Seay wrote:
} >>
} >>I have a MacPerl program that successfully uses HTTP::Request  and
} >>LWP::UserAgent to open an internet connection and download a certain web
} >>page.
} >>
} >>How do I get MacPerl to close the connection?
} >
} >Paul J. Schinder replied:
} >
} >Since LWP doesn't, to my knowledge, implement persistent connections, it
} >should be closing it itself. What makes you think it isn't?
}
} Because my modem retains its connection after the MacPerl program has quit
} requiring me to be there to log off.

Why would your modem hang up after the connection closes?  Does it do
that when you use, say, Netscape?

Like Chris says, if you want the PPP connection taken down, take it
down.

}
} David Seay
} http://www.mastercall.com/g-s/