Re: [MacPerl] Supressing display of passwords

At 1:17 PM +1030 11/19/99, Henry Penninkilampi wrote:
>I need to get the users of a MacPerl application to authenticate
>themselves in a non-private environment.  So that others can't peek over
>the user's shoulder and see the password at it's being typed, I need to
>suppress (or otherwise obscure) the output (which normally goes to the
>screen).

Alan Fry posted a script to do this through the Dialog Manager on
2/28/98.  I'll keep things short and not post it here, but it should
be in the archives.  If not, let me know....

Hope this helps,
Eric

--
Eric Albert                     ejalbert@cs.stanford.edu