[MacPerl] Garbage collection

Greetings!

Assumptions:  When a user quits a MacPerl application, a 'quit' Apple
Event is sent by the MacOS to that application.  The application is
responsible for performing any garbage collection that is required.

Question:  If I wanted to do something like append a log entry to a file
or cleanly disconnect from a remote server before quitting, would anyone
care to speculate as to how this would best be accomplished?

I'd logically like to 'extend' the existing 'quit' event handler, but I'm
not sure if there is a way to do this.  The JavaScript equivalent is
onUnload() which is triggered by the unload event.

Ideas?

Henry.