[MacPerl] Using MacPerl to Generate HTML

I'm working on a Web site for a local theatre group, and want to set it
up for maximum ease of maintenance. My thought was to set up the
calendar, and certain standard sections, e.g., news, details of current
productions, so that the group could simply enter values in a file
containing a set of variables, and a script would generate the HTML for
the Web page using those values.

I'm a newcomer both to Perl & MacPerl. Any help in pointing me to
resources to accomplish this sort of task would be much appreciated.

Bob Gilman