[MacPerl] is anyone familliar with the workings of SETI @ Home?

I would like to develop a perl script to work with the macintosh
implementation of SAH that would allow the downloading of multiple
data units. The goal would be to minimize connection time while still
being productive. I'd like to be able to download 10 units and
process them over a period of a couple days and then upload all of
them and download another 10. it would also allow for scheduling
connections.

Problem is, im not quite sure how SAH determines what to send you.
I'd have to come up with a way to make the server send me a new unit
every time.

SETI doesnt like patches being performed on their application.
However, I think this wouldnt really qualify as a patch. I think
offline processing should be an option in the program anyway. :)

Oh, and should anyone want to join a superterrific team, the URL is:

http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_join_form&id=45014

We've actually got a challenge, complete with 10GB of ram and 10
processors running it. Its quite quick. :) Team Superconscious needs
YOU!!

alex

alex j. avriette
mac weenie for hire
potomac, MD
"always wanted to sail 'round the world, ya know...
  just cause its so f___in' round."