Re: [MacPerl] Testing a perl cgi offline

Hi. I'd just like to thank everyone for their tips on getting my off-line
perl testing to work. It seems that the main trick I had missed was to set
my TCP/IP to AppleTalk (MacIP) and not PPP. I am pleased to report
everything is now running smoothly (with IP address set to 1.1.1.1 for ease
of use)

I looked at NetPresenz - a nice piece of software from the Anarchie stable
- but since I'm only doing this as a temporary solution, I'll stick with
Apple's own Personal Web Sharing that was pre-installed on my machine.

To get the script to launch properly, I have to export it from BBEdit5.1 as
a CGI script. This seems to get it to launch MacHTTP automatically, feeding
the output back to my browser. Have I understood that correctly??

I'm only guessing here - but could I circumvent this by setting Personal
Web Sharing (in Edit->Preferences->Actions) to launch MacHTTP when it hits
a .pl text file, and then run the .pl file with MacPerl?

Anyhow, thanks once again for the help...

John

--
mailto:jneale@webshowcase.net
http://www.webshowcase.net/johnneale